Sunday, August 8, 2021

“This isn’t an airport… no need to announce your departure.”

“This isn’t an airport… no need to announce your departure.”

That was a comment I read in a Facebook group where someone was complaining and announced that they were done and giving up on the group and leaving. 

As snotty and flippantly sarcastic as the first sentiment is… I Can totally understand it. I was the moderator of a group for a few years about 5-6 years ago… I ended up being harshly treated and blamed and badmouthed for doing the job of the admin (long non-important story). I just simply left the group. 

Did I want to make a grand exit where I put everyone in their place and publicly shame those who were being two-faced and name calling and being generally bad humans? Yes. But what good would that have done? It would have turned me into a target for trolls and ridicule. 

But quietly waking away and not making a big deal and going on with my life…. As hard as that was… I have preserved my name. Those who know me know I have nothing to prove… especially to those who step up to push me down. 

“This isn’t an airport, no need to announce your departure.”

I dig it. 

Love Moves First. 

Sometimes that first move is out the door to find those who also believe that love must lead in order to make a difference.

Love y’all…

No comments:

Post a Comment