Sunday, March 13, 2022

Week 29 - 29th COVID-19 Test

Week 29: 
29th COVID-19 test. 



It was an interesting week last week. 

First week that wearing a mask was optional. 

I remained masked indoors unless I was alone in my classroom. 

Interesting observation… there was just about as many teachers as students who decided to forgo masks. Very few on both ends… probably less than 50… 

No big deal was made. 

No grand gesture. 

It was not announced.

For the students, it seemed to be the ones we’d had issues with wearing masks correctly that took it off… and athletes (who have been used to not wearing a mask while around their peers because of athletics). Everyone else, it seemed, to be comfortable in mask and are kind of like a lot of adults… looking to see how the first wave of unmasked do… before making the best decision for themselves. 

I, myself, will continue to mask in public crowds outdoors and when indoors… and I will continue to test each week in order to assure I’m being as safe as possible with the students safety as possible. It’s my way to express my love and concern that they and their loved ones remain as safe as possible.

Last week a mother I know couldn’t hold her newborn in the hospital because she contracted COVID-19 and they couldn’t risk the child being infected. 

I also learned a student couldn’t get into his Senior medical Practicum next year because he isn’t vaccinated… because his doctor told his family he didn’t need to be. No preexisting conditions or anything to worry about… the rest of his family got vaccinated… but he didn’t. It floored me when he told me. 

Just a reminder… it’s still out there. Please be careful. 

I love you. 

#LoveMovesFirst



No comments:

Post a Comment