Monday, April 11, 2022

Week 32 of school / 31st COVID-19 Test

Week 32 of school.
31st COVID-19 test 



I was approached at a meeting this week by a person in their 70s. She thanked me for wearing my mask inside as she was feeling like she wouldn’t because none of her friends were wearing theirs and my wearing mine gave her the courage to put hers on. 

How sad is that? Someone who is at risk wasn’t wearing a mask because she thought someone would point her out and make a comment. 

I’ve had that experience too. Comments (In a sarcastic tone) like “Oh, you don’t HAVE to wear a mask in here.” “You can take that thing off in here.” Or “Oh, you’re still doing that?”

I calmly explain that I’m a high school teacher and I am just taking extra precautions to do my best to protect the students and their loved ones as well as my own family who are immunocompromised. At this point, you do what makes you comfortable, and I will do the same.

I will continue to choose to attend or not attend meetings and events based on the protocols in place and my general feeling of safety. When I do, I will be masked inside and while in crowds. 

I do it because I love you. 

I do it because you should not feel pressured to “unmask” before you’re comfortable.

I do it because your health and safety is more important than me being slightly uncomfortable with foggy glasses. 

I do it because I am getting back out into the world and want to make sure I don’t get anyone else sick.

I do it because #LoveMovesFirst
I tested last Saturday. I was negative.



No comments:

Post a Comment