Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Week 37. 35th COVID-19 Test

 Week 37 of school

35th COVID-19 test. 



Down to the last week of school. It’s been a journey.

About half the student population and staff is still masking while indoors. I’m averaging 1 student out of about 150 in my classes being out with COVID-19 each week. 

The Community Level (from the CDC) is low this past week for both Travis County (2266 new cases) and Hays County (325 new cases).

I was talking to a coworker who went to a movie last weekend and as they walked out of the theatre (wearing their mask) someone said to them “Haven’t you ladies heard? COVID is over.”

There are 4 people in ICU in Travis County right now that would disagree with that I’ll-informed statement. 

 There is a family grieving a loved one who died from COVID-19 last week in Hays County. 

It’s not over. 

I work in an environment where me wearing a mask is to protect those around me. I have the ability to take precautions in order to limit the chances of being infected myself and/or infecting others and for my loved ones, my students and coworkers and their loved ones I will continue to take that step. 

And… I’m going to continue wearing a mask indoors and while in large crowds where I don’t feel I can properly distance.

I won’t consider removing my mask in the classroom until every one of the students who enter the class feel comfortable to be without a mask. I will be the last to unmask. 

Yeah, I’m making a statement.

I love you. 

I will do all I can to assure I cause you no harm.

#LoveMovesFirst





No comments:

Post a Comment