Saturday, August 28, 2021

Week 2 of School - 2nd COVID-19 Test


I went and got my 2nd COVID test of the 2021-22 school year. More folks getting their kids swabbed than I’ve ever seen. Truly sad scene.

In the last few weeks In people I know… I’ve seen:
  • a kindergartener contract COVID on their first day of school… and their mother and sibling got it… now their family is living apart so the rest of the family doesn’t get infected. 
  • a “healthy” friend in their 60s who doesn’t socially distance contracted COVID and has gone through 2 weeks of in and out of the hospital and hopefully has turned the corner.
  • a friend who’s anti-mask / anti-vax sibling contracted COVID and they’re now planning the funeral after a week in the hospital.
  • A friend in their late 30s who contracted COVID, almost died. He is not out of the woods yet. He is not vaccinated. 
  • Got emails from too many parents (I’m in charge of photos/IDs next week) who have their kid at home quarantining so they can’t be at school because someone they were in close contact with at school has COVID and they’re not vaccinated.
There is nothing I can say to convince those who won’t get vaccinated. There is nothing I can post to convince people who won’t mask to do so.

Explaining to people who perpetuate made-up  home remedies and vitamin packs in place of a vaccine that their unfounded opinions are literally KILLING people doesn’t work.

All I can do is be an example. I will continue to test weekly, wear a mask and socially distance as much as I am able. 

Why? Because I care. 

I love you. 
I pray you will do what is best for you and those who are occupying your airspace. 
#lovemovesfirst


Week 1 - link
Week 2 - link
Week 3 - link
Week 4 - link
Week 5 - link
Week 6 - link
Week 7 - link
Week 8 - link
Week 9 - link
Week 10 - link
Week 11 - link
Week 12 - link


No comments:

Post a Comment