Monday, December 27, 2021

Livestreaming a funeral (18th Week)

I’m sitting in my bedroom live streaming a funeral that I had every intent on going to… except when I looked at the COVID numbers in the 2 places I’ve been this week and in Laredo (where I’d be traveling) and the fact that the vast majority of people I’ve seen indoors in the last week have been sans mask…. I decided it would not be the smart decision.


Macias and I were the odd friends. He was in his 50s when I was in my 20s but my “old soul” got along with his “young at heart” really well. We used to sit outside his house (which we nicknamed “The Lazy M”) and have a few beverages… maybe a little carne (chicken leg quarters) and we’d tell stories and jokes. “I was born very little when I was very young” was how he’d begin his childhood stories… (I’ve adopted saying that… but he was where I heard it).

Over the years we took trips together - Acapulco when I won the trip on a radio station, Cancun to celebrate his son’s high school graduation and Huatulco to celebrate my College graduation. We’d only seen each other a handful of times for a quick visit in the last 25 years. 

I know he’s jamming with a heckava Conjunto/Country band up there in a Heavenly bar. Save me a seat near the bass player when I get there. Love you, Macias.

I think I’ll grab a cold one and sit in the backyard for a little bit.

#LoveMovesFirst

(18th COVID-19 test of the school year. It was negative.)







My Journey:

Week 1 - link
Week 2 - link
Week 3 - link
Week 4 - link
Week 5 - link
Week 6 - link
Week 7 - link
Week 8 - link
Week 9 - link
Week 10 - link
Week 11 - link
Week 12 - link
Week 13 - link
Week 14 - link
Week 15- link
Week 16 - link
Week 17 - link
Week 18 - link
Week 19 - link
Week 20 - link
Week 21 - link

No comments:

Post a Comment