Friday, January 14, 2022

21st week of school - 21st COVID-19 TEST.

21st week of school - 21st COVID-19 TEST. 


This week was brutal, y’all. I had an average of 10 students out from each of my classes who were either COVID-19 positive or had close contact with a person who tested positive. 

The school musical was supposed to be this weekend. At about 3p on opening night (Thursday) the cast and crew were informed that the musical had to be postponed. We’re talking 4 months of work by the theatre department and music department….gone…. Hours before the musical was to begin. 

I had a Curative test scheduled for today, but I decided to get in line during lunch on Friday for the rapid test that have at Akins. (There was one person in line and I got tested within 5 minutes). While waiting for my results I watched as a student 20 feet from me got his results that he tested positive. It was heartbreaking to watch as this 15 year old kid realized what was happening. It was hard to watch as he apologized to his friends who went to test with him. All he did was go to school…. And sit in a classroom…  (I released my test for today so someone else could take the spot…FYI)

On Friday about 1/4 of the teaching staff was out.

So many friends and loved ones and colleagues currently have tested positive. Thank goodness the vast majority of the friends and loved ones I know have been vaccinated and mostly boosted… so their bout is light.

I remain masked while indoors and while outdoors in crowds. Our N-95 masks came in this week and they’re actually pretty comfortable as masks go. It sure beats double masking. 

I will continue to remove myself from situations where someone else who is not taking the proper precautions can get me sick. I don’t want to risk infecting my loved ones, colleagues, students or their families just because one person is being selfish and refuses to wear a mask. I will not be intimidated and I would encourage everyone to do the same. 

I do so because I love you. I don’t want anyone to get sick, and a surely don’t want to be the person who gets you sick. 

For those who have tested positive recently, I pray the symptoms are mild and you recover fully. If you’re in this area and you are sick and need something… message me. I’d be happy to do a porch drop for you. 

Love you. 

#LoveMovesFirst




My Journey:

Week 1 - link
Week 2 - link
Week 3 - link
Week 4 - link
Week 5 - link
Week 6 - link
Week 7 - link
Week 8 - link
Week 9 - link
Week 10 - link
Week 11 - link
Week 12 - link
Week 13 - link
Week 14 - link
Week 15- link
Week 16 - link
Week 17 - link
Week 18 - link
Week 19 - link
Week 20 - link
Week 21 - link

No comments:

Post a Comment