Sunday, January 9, 2022

20th Week of the school year. 20th COVID-19 test

20th Week of the school year. 20th COVID-19 test. 




This is only the second time I’ve had to schedule a test days in advance of going to get tested… but being this is the first week back from winter break and the first day back 10 people on campus tested positive… I felt it was my responsibility to test. 

It’s been a tough week.

The N95 masks that Jodie ordered are somehow bouncing around in transit here, so I’ll continue to double mask. 

I refuse to allow anyone to make me feel guilty for testing or call me out negatively or make me feel bad for taking the steps to assure I’m being as safe as possible to prevent the spread of COVID-19. I am around hundreds of people each day whom I want to protect. The best way I can do that is by making sure I’m not part of the problem. 

I attended something indoors today that was a mask required event. When someone walked in without a mask, I looked around for one to provide the person. Where I realized there were no masks available, I removed myself from the event. It was a little bit uncomfortable to do so, but necessary. 

I ran a 5k yesterday. I wore a mask before and after the race and staggered my start so I wasn’t in a pack… and wore my gaiter until I had gotten to a point where I had a little distance between myself and other runners. It’s not required or expected… but for me it is an extra step I am willing to take to assure I’m protecting myself and you.

Speaking of protection… If you need to be tested please go to curative.com and book a test. If Curative is Booked up, there are additional Hays County options here: https://hayscountytx.com/covid-19-testing-sites-in-hays-by-appointment-only/

(Call the location to assure availability).

If you’re not in this area Google “COVID testing” in your city and there should be options for you. 

Making sure you are safe is making sure your loved ones and every person you come into contact with is safe. 

That’s how you can show love. 

#LoveMovesFirst



My Journey:

Week 1 - link
Week 2 - link
Week 3 - link
Week 4 - link
Week 5 - link
Week 6 - link
Week 7 - link
Week 8 - link
Week 9 - link
Week 10 - link
Week 11 - link
Week 12 - link
Week 13 - link
Week 14 - link
Week 15- link
Week 16 - link
Week 17 - link
Week 18 - link
Week 19 - link
Week 20 - link
Week 21 - link

No comments:

Post a Comment