Monday, January 31, 2022

23rd Week of School, 23rd COVID-19 Test

23rd Week of School, 23rd COVID-19 Test. 

I keep thinking the numbers are going down and I keep hearing about people close to me testing positive. 

7,721 new cases in the last 2 weeks in Hays County. 

29,022 new cases in the last 2 weeks in Travis County. 

(Numbers from Texas Department of State Health Services)



I mentioned a friend who had to postpone her chemotherapy treatment because she got COVID-19 a few weeks ago. She just checked into the hospital because she got it a second time. 

Of my students I have had about 30 out this past week. 

I actually took Friday off of work as a mental health day. I told my students what I was doing  on Thursday and told them why. I told them sometimes you have to take a step away from everything so you can come back in a better head space. They all supported me… which was kind of cool… because I want them to know we all are going through some crap and we don’t have to pretend everything is wonderful. 

I have been accused of virtue signaling for posting these updates. That’s the act of saying one thing to look good and doing another in real life. 

I hope you see and understand that these posts are not at all about “look at me” but they are a weekly sharing of the reality and an honest report of what is going on in the world around me. I am doing this because it’s real to me. If I can share what is happening in my life to my friends (online and in person), they now know someone personally who is being impacted. Also, if I can share what’s happening in my life, they can see someone other then themselves are being impacted.

- It’s ok to be the only masked person in the room. 

- It’s ok to be a voice of reason and speak up when you are part of a community when you have concerns to assure the safety of all. 

- It’s also ok to silence those who personally attack you when you lead with love. Not everyone is willing to receive love. 

- It’s ok to take a day off from work to assure you can function at full capacity. 

- It’s ok if you don’t feel compelled or moved to do any of the things.

It’s NOT ok to bully, name call or make someone else feel lesser than. 

Anyhow… I tested negative for the week.

I will continue to mask while indoors and in crowds. I will continue to test weekly. I will continue to lead with love and have meaningful conversations with those willing to do the same. 

I love you. 

#lovemovesfirst


My Journey:

Week 1 - link
Week 2 - link
Week 3 - link
Week 4 - link
Week 5 - link
Week 6 - link
Week 7 - link
Week 8 - link
Week 9 - link
Week 10 - link
Week 11 - link
Week 12 - link
Week 13 - link
Week 14 - link
Week 15- link
Week 16 - link
Week 17 - link
Week 18 - link
Week 19 - link
Week 20 - link Week 21 - link
Week 22 - link
Week 23 - link
Week 24 - link
Week 25 - link


No comments:

Post a Comment